Accounting Fundamentals II
Accounting Fundamentals II is an online course that builds on the concepts introduced in Accounting Fundamentals I. This intermediate course covers financial statement analysis, budgeting, cost accounting, and tax preparation. You will learn how to use financial information to make informed business decisions and plan effectively for the financial future of a business.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, and assignments, you will develop the knowledge and skills required to analyze and interpret financial data. This course is ideal for students and professionals looking to enhance their accounting knowledge for a career in finance, accounting, or business management.
- Understand the importance of financial statement analysis and apply financial ratios to analyze a company’s performance
- Develop skills in budgeting and forecasting, including creating and analyzing budgets
- Comprehend the key principles of cost accounting, including job costing and process costing
- Understand how to measure and manage costs, including evaluating overhead allocations
- Develop an understanding of inventory management, including the cost of goods sold
- Familiarize with payroll and transaction tax preparation, including filing and compliance requirements
- Understand the principles of audit and fraud, including evaluating internal control and the basics of forensic accounting
- Understand the principles of financial management, including capital budgeting decisions, return on investment, and time value of money
- Learning how to manage fixed assets and depreciation methods
- Analyze case studies and real-world examples to apply accounting concepts to practical business situations