This online course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of algebra. It covers basic principles, including linear equations and functions, systems of equations, polynomials, inequalities, and exponents. You will learn about different techniques used in solving problems as well as how to develop a deeper understanding of numerical relationships. You will also gain an understanding of how to apply your knowledge of algebra to other areas such as trigonometry, calculus, and physics.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, videos, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of basic algebraic concepts while learning practical skills such as graphing equations, factoring polynomials, solving simultaneous equations, and analyzing data sets. This course is ideal for those who are new to studying algebra or are interested in pursuing a path involving more advanced topics in the subject.
- Identify linear equations and functions
- Understand basic methods for solving systems
- Factor polynomials
- Determine roots of expressions
- Solve inequalities
- Handle operations with exponents
- Graph various kinds of equations
- Analyze data sets
- Construct solutions using mathematical models
- Apply algebraic methods for other areas