Course Description: This course is designed for anyone with a high school diploma or GED seeking fundamental math skills which can be applied for moving into management positions with any company. Course topics can be applied to managing personnel, construction and home repairs, and developing and understanding basic bookkeeping financial statements.
Math is an important part of managing business. Get to know some commonly used fractions and their decimal equivalents, area and perimeter formulas, angle measurements, and financial formulas — including understanding interest rates and common financial acronyms — to help with your business tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business terms, forms, tasks through the application of business mathematics
- Solve problems relating to personal finance
- Demonstrate math skills used in personnel management, purchasing, and sales
- Demonstrate mathematical processes involved in bookkeeping
- Increase skill in estimating and evaluating answers
- Develop speed and accuracy in the performance of fundamental mathematics processes