This course is designed to help students develop the skills for formulating strategies. It provides an understanding of:
- A firm’s operative environment and how to sustain competitive advantage
- How to generate superior value for customers by designing the optimum configuration of the product mix and functional activities
- How to balance the opportunities and risks associated with dynamic and uncertain changes in industry attractiveness and competitive position
Particular attention is paid to competitive positioning; understanding comparative costs; and addressing issues such as cannibalization, network externalities, and globalization.
- Develop a mastery of a body of analytical tools and the ability to take an integrative point of view
- Use these tools to perform in-depth analyses of industries and competitors, predict competitive behavior, and analyze how firms develop and sustain competitive advantage over time