The course is designed to certified learners develop the practical skills required to excel in the role of a Certified Service Advisor Professional in an automotive dealership or repair shop environment. With a focus on real-world applications and industry-wide best practices, the course equips learners with the knowledge and skills they need to advance their careers and be confident service advisors.
Unit 1: Introduction to the Role of a Certified Service Advisor Professional
Unit 2: Effective Communication Skills for Service Advisors
Unit 3: Understanding Vehicle Systems & Maintenance
Unit 4: Service Appointment Scheduling & Customer Management
Unit 5: Service Quoting & Estimating
Unit 6: Service Sales Techniques
Unit 7: Resolving Customer Complaints & Handling Difficult Situations
Unit 8: Effective Service Advisor and Shop Management
- Understand the role of a Certified Service Advisor Professional in an automotive dealership or repair shop setting and the importance of excellent customer service.
- Develop effective communication skills to build rapport with customers and understand their needs.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of major vehicle systems and maintenance requirements to provide accurate service recommendations to customers.
- Master the art of appointment scheduling and customer management to optimize time management and service shop revenue.
- Learn how to provide accurate service quotes and estimates including parts and labor costs.
- Develop service sales techniques to achieve maximum revenue and customer satisfaction, including customer loyalty programs and incenting targeting.
- Understand how to de-escalate tense situations with unhappy customers and resolve customer complaints efficiently, no matter the source of the problem.
- Develop effective service advisor and shop management techniques to enhance shop productivity and minimize stress, including effective team building, and performance management skills.
- Apply knowledge of industry operational and legal compliance requirements when dealing with vehicle owners, repair shops, and insurance providers.
- Build and demonstrate practical skills through a hands-on project-based capstone project applied to an active or simulated service center environment.