Curriculum in Higher Education
This course provides a study of the factors and influences that have affected the development of the curriculum in higher education. Procedures for designing, implementing, and evaluating curricula at the senior college level will be examined. In addition, trends, issues, problems, and variations in general education programs in colleges and universities are studied. The objectives of general education in all post-high school curricula are emphasized.
- Develop an understanding of the curriculum as an academic plan
- Understand models and strategies that create a curriculum plan
- Understand the challenges of administering curriculum
- Understand the internal and external forces that affect the curriculum
- Understand learners in a curriculum design