Educational Leadership Theory
This course is designed to introduce the student to the theories and practices of educational leadership and organizational behaviors in school systems. Students will begin to understand and appreciate the challenges faced by modern school leaders.
- Compare and contrast different leadership styles listed in the course.
- Examine differentiate factors that create an effect leader in the educational setting.
- Analyze their personal leadership strengths and weaknesses as a leader
- Understand the fundamentals of educational leadership
- Analyze different leadership styles and determine which is most effective for a given situation
- Develop strategies for creating a vision and mission statement for your school or organization
- Learn how to effectively manage staff and resources
- Gain knowledge on how to create a positive learning environment
- Explore ways to foster collaboration among staff members
- Identify strategies for engaging students in learning activities
- Develop communication skills necessary for successful leadership roles
- Learn how to evaluate performance and provide feedback to staff members
- Understand the importance of self-reflection in order to improve as a leader