Description: This course will emphasize the individual as decision-maker and focus upon ethical issues and dilemmas facing managers in most business organizations. The specific objectives of the course are to raise students’ general awareness of ethical dilemmas at work, to place ethical issues within a management context subject to analysis and decision-making action, and to enhance and improve the ability of students to reason toward a satisfactory resolution of an ethical dilemma.
Prerequisite: 1st year student
Learning Objectives: Students will
- understand what is business ethics
- appreciate the global nature of business ethics
- be aware of the prevalence of unethical behavior around the world
- understand the benefits of ethical companies
- understand the types of business ethics issues