This course examines the role of finance in supporting the functional areas of a firm, and fosters an understanding of how financial decisions themselves can create value.
Topics covered include:
- Basic analytical skills and principles of corporate finance.
- Functions of modern capital markets and financial institutions.
- Standard techniques of analysis, including capital budgeting, discounted cash flow valuation, and risk analysis.
- Apply basic financial theory to Financial Systems
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of institutional frameworks
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operation of domestic money and capital markets and of their linkages with global financial markets
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the financial products that are available
- Gain an appreciation for some current issues in financial markets
- Acquire an introductory understanding of risk management