This online course provides an introduction to historical perspectives. It covers basic principles, including quantitative analysis techniques, data visualization, historical perspectives, and hypothesis testing. You will learn about different techniques used in analyzing complex historical data from various eras as well as how to develop a deeper understanding of the implications of research methods. You will also gain an understanding of how to apply your knowledge of statistical historical methods.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, videos, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of historical perspectives while learning practical skills such as creating time series models, interpreting confidence intervals, developing trend lines, and performing hypothesis tests. This course is ideal for those who are new to studying statistics or are interested in pursuing a path involving more advanced topics in the subject.
- Understand key principles of historical perspectives
- Create time series models
- Interpret confidence intervals and perspectives
- Construct trend lines
- Perform inference tests
- Analyze complex data from various eras
- Execute hypothesis tests
- Develop historical research questions
- Utilize statistical methods for historical perspectives
- Apply statistical methodologies to historical methods