Intercultural and Cosmopolitan Learning
This online course provides an introduction to the study of intercultural and cosmopolitan learning. It covers key concepts, such as cultural awareness, communication with diverse populations, building bridges between different cultures, and embracing diversity. You will learn about different techniques used in developing knowledge and skills related to cross-cultural collaborations as well as how to apply a deeper understanding of culture-sensitive practices to foster inclusion. You will also gain an understanding of how working collaboratively across cultures can lead to innovative approaches and long-term solutions.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of intercultural and cosmopolitan learning while learning practical skills such as recognizing bias & stereotypes in interpersonal interactions, adapting teaching materials & approaches for diverse settings, creating safe organizational environments for intercultural connections, engaging stakeholders in ethical decision making processes and engaging in meaningful dialogue when dealing with complex issues. This course is ideal for those who are new to examining intercultural matters or are interested in pursuing a path involving more advanced topics in the subject.
- Describe key principles & practices related to intercultural learning
- Examine cultural awareness & communication strategies
- Develop bridge-building skills
- Develop strategies for fostering inclusion
- Adapt teaching materials & approaches
- Recognize bias & stereotypes
- Create safe organizational environments
- Engage stakeholders in ethical decision-making
- Engage in meaningful dialogue
- Use problem-solving processes with an intercultural lens