Leading Change in Educational Organizations
This course is designed to analyze the fundamental behavioral concepts and process of organizations. The complex process of organizational change and how it can be managed through a collection of techniques. Issues such as forces related to creating the need for organizational change in human resource and educational organizations will be examined.
- Explain the change process as an integral part of the organization and administration of a school system
- Describe the knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary to function as a successful change agent in an educational institution
- Identify the various cultural, social, political, legal, and ethical issues that impact the change process in education
- Analyze the dynamics of the various roles played by the relevant publics in affecting change within educational organizations
- Explain the roles strategic design and strategic planning play in the change process
- Identify and apply those leadership skills necessary for planning, implementing, and leading future-focused change efforts in educational organizations