Description: In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of basic Office Word processing. Whether you use Word for work, study, or leisure, this course will help you transform a blank page into a professional-looking document! While these programs are available on mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones, the exercises are designed to be completed on a desktop or laptop computer.
Learning Objectives: Students will:
- Navigate efficiently basic WORD functions
- Create, save, and share documents
- Implement techniques for proofreading, editing, and updating documents
- Apply pre-designed Styles and format text with fonts and colors
- Change the font, typeface, document, and paragraph formats
- Create a formatted, proofed, and printed Word document
- Create, delete, duplicate, and rearrange slides
- Create images, illustrations, shapes, and hyperlinks in a worksheet
- Work with bullets, indents, and line spacing
- Insert pictures and screenshots
- Set up page layout for margins, columns, and printing
- Create and update an automated Table of Contents
- Mail merge to envelopes, labels, emails, and form letters
Methodology: The course is designed to engage students at a basic level in mastering the understanding of Office Word concepts and formulas, through analytical and synthesis learning.