Perspectives of Early Childhood Education
This online course provides an introduction to the study of early childhood education. It covers key concepts, such as family dynamics, cultural differences, and teaching strategies. You will learn about different approaches used in early childhood education as well as how to apply a deeper understanding of educational theories & practices. You will also gain an understanding of how families & cultures influence children’s learning and development.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of perspectives in early childhood education while learning practical skills such as understanding home-based curriculums, recognizing different learning styles & needs among children, utilizing effective discipline techniques & materials in the classroom environment, assessing individual student progress and exploring global influences on culture and parenting. This course is ideal for those who are new to working with young children or are interested in pursuing a path involving more advanced topics in the subject.
- Analyze child guidance techniques
- Recognize different learning styles
- Utilize effective discipline techniques
- Assess individual progress
- Explore culture & family influences
- Incorporate materials for classroom use
- Understand home-based curriculums
- Facilitate meaningful interactions
- Discuss environmental influences
- Analyze global influences on parenting