Description: This course will focus on criteria for effective instruction, techniques for effective supervision which promotes teacher professional growth, and teacher evaluation.
Prerequisite: Graduate Program in Education
Learning Objectives: Students will
- Identify characteristics of effective teaching.
- Differentiate between formative and summative evaluation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of issues and problems in supervision.
- Identify the role differences of the supervisor as teacher, facilitator, evaluator, counselor, and curriculum advisor.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in using specific techniques in observing and conferencing with teachers.
- Plan and model effective pre- and post-conferences.
- Understand supervision as a moral action.
- Identify and discuss adult and teacher development issues related to effective teaching.