Description: This course teaches the skills necessary for effective business communication. Emphasis is placed on communication skills via: the written word, presentations, non-verbal communication, representation and visual communication. The course also enhances students’ understanding of internal and external communication, staff engagement and explores how intercultural communication can be improved to achieve greater success in business.
Prerequisite: 1st year student
Learning Objectives: Students will
- Understand the communication process and how networks and channels influence the communication process in organizations.
- Recognize cultural differences that impact members of an organization, and enact appropriate communication strategies to help attain cultural diversity.
- Evaluate listening habits and practice effective listening skills.
- Learn how to build positive interpersonal relationships in the workplace.
- Distinguish between groups and teams
- Identify communication factors that influence the effective development of teams.