The online Culinary Arts Course explores the fundamentals of food preparation and cooking techniques. This course provides an introduction to the principles of nutrition, safety, sanitation, and organization for professional cookery. Students will gain knowledge on a variety of ingredients used in traditional recipes from around the world as well as how to properly use them when creating dishes.
1) Understand the basics of food science, including flavor combinations, texture modifications, and plate presentation;
2) Learn safe handling practices and kitchen safety protocols;
3) Manage time effectively while preparing multiple dishes;
4) Recognize common methods of food preservation;
5) Selection of appropriate tools required for tasks completed in a commercial setting;
6) Create both classical and modern dishes that reflect global cuisines;
7) Plan balanced meals based on nutritional needs or dietary restrictions.