Course Description: This online course will give participants the tools and understanding to build a fundraising strategy to achieve long-term sustainable for their organization, by linking organizational objectives fundraising targets, activities, and methods. Participants will develop an action plan to put their fundraising strategies into practice.
Students in the Fundraising course will:
- Identify the purpose and key elements of fundraising strategies and how they fit with other organizational objective, strategies, and plans.
- Learn to use strategic planning tools to construct a fundraising strategy, taking into account both organizational factors and the external environment.
- Appraise fundraising options and opportunities to determine which methodologies will be a best fit for the organization; both short-term and long-term.
- Recognize the pros and cons of the available fundraising options.
- Understand the importance of preparing an annual fundraising plan for each fundraising area, goal, activity, timescale, performance indicator, and resource requirements.