Travel, Tourism, and Attractions Syllabus
This online course seeks to provide a comprehensive overview of the concepts, strategies, and methods related to travel, tourism, and attractions. Throughout this course, students will explore the process of planning an effective itinerary, marketing tourist destinations, and understanding customer preferences.
1. local culture and traditions;
2. hospitality industry;
3. global trends affecting the tourism sector;
4. risk management & safety protocols;
5. public relations tactics for promoting experiences;
6. identifying key competitive advantages when evaluating locations;
7. tour design principles using product development methodologies as well as branding conventions used by destination marketers.
8. strategies for creating innovative products to meet customer demands;
9. methods for providing customer service that exceeds expectations;
10. analyzing customer feedback to identify areas of improvement;
11. developing policies and procedures to ensure quality standards
By completing this class, participants should be able to analyze market segments to develop promotional campaigns that maximize opportunities while gaining knowledge on how best practices can address sustainability concerns with regard to preserving the natural resources aspect of any touring experience. Participants should have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects related to the field of travel and tourism, from customer service management to developing effective promotional campaigns.