Cost Estimating Tools & Techniques
This online course provides an overview of the key principles and practices of cost estimating. It covers the fundamentals of creating an accurate budget, including how to identify resources, assess risks and create a comprehensive plan for controlling costs. You will learn about different tools and techniques used in cost estimating as well as how to analyze data. You will also gain an understanding of how to develop a strategy for making decisions that keep costs within expected levels.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, videos, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of cost estimating while learning how to efficiently plan projects and obtain value from investments. This course is ideal for individuals who are looking to hone their skills as project managers or those interested in pursuing a career in financial management or accounting.
- Understand principles associated with successful cost estimating
- Identify resources & assess risks
- Utilize different tools & techniques
- Analyze data
- Forecast expenses
- Develop strategies for decision-making
- Monitor & control spending
- Create templates & models
- Analyze variances
- Track current & future expenses