Description: This course walks employment specialists step by step through customized job development revealing the best ways to build a satisfying, meaningful job around a person’s preferences, skills, and goals. To make each part of job development easier, the course provides practical content that can be ready to use with easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidelines; checklists of critical questions to answer; success stories in both urban and rural settings.
Learning Objectives: Students will
- identify proven tips and ideas for every aspect of job development for youth and adults
- understand who the person is and what he or she really wants
- be able to ensure a good fit between employer and employee
- learn how to find, or create, “hidden jobs” in smaller companies
- be able to empower people through resource ownership
- learn to skillfully negotiate job duties while managing conflicts that might arise