Description: This course deals with identifying majors risks that organizations face, the sources and reasons for these risks, and strategies to reduce them to insure continuity and profitability. The instructors will take four different perspectives on this challenging topic. The students are expected to bring their own perspectives and experiences to the class.
Learning Objectives: Students will learn
- about the multiplicity of sources of uncertainty and risk for organizations
- how to identify organizational risks
- how top management can reduce and manage risk and uncertainty
- how to recognize the risk associated with changes in interest rates and use swaps and immunization techniques to lower the financial risk
- about the fundamentals of information systems risk management
- about environmental and supply chain risks management concepts