This online course provides an overview of the key principles and practices of stakeholder management. It covers the fundamentals of managing relationships, including how to identify stakeholders, understand their needs and interests, set expectations and deliver positive outcomes. You will learn about the different types of stakeholders and how to build trust and maintain relationships with them. You will also gain an understanding of how to effectively manage conflicts between stakeholders in order to achieve desired goals.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, videos, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of stakeholder management while learning how to work collaboratively with groups or individuals who impact organizational objectives. This course is ideal for individuals who are looking to develop their skills as project managers or those interested in pursuing a career in communications or public relations.
- Understand principles associated with successful stakeholder management
- Identify & categorize stakeholders
- Set clear expectations & deliverables
- Develop strategies for working together
- Understand needs & interests
- Build trust
- Establish productive relationships
- Engage in effective communication
- Address tensions & disagreements
- Create mutually beneficial outcomes