The Project Management Office
This online course provides an overview of the key principles and practices of a project management office (PMO). It covers the fundamentals of establishing a PMO, including how to identify roles, develop processes, and set up metrics. You will learn about different communication strategies used in a PMO as well as how to leverage resources. You will also gain an understanding of how to develop a strategy for ensuring the successful delivery of projects.
Through interactive lectures, readings, discussions, videos, and assignments you will develop your knowledge of project management while learning how to measure performance, address stakeholders’ needs, and optimize operations. This course is ideal for individuals who are looking to hone their skills as senior managers or those interested in pursuing a career in project/program management.
- Understand the principles associated with running a PMO
- Identify roles & responsibilities
- Develop processes & set up metrics
- Utilize different communication strategies
- Leverage resources
- Develop strategies for successful delivery
- Measure performance
- Address stakeholders’ needs
- Optimize operations
- Track progress & forecast deliverables